At Clare Oasis, our “bottom line” is a transformed life: to see women’s, men’s and
young people’s “lives transformed to peace, hope, joy, confidence and lasting
We hope to have a positive impact on each person we serve, but how do we determine
that a life has been transformed?
For retreats, presentations, workshops and the like, we determine success based on
participant evaluations and feedback from group leaders, volunteers and other
community / family / friend support comments.
For our women residents, we have specific and measurable criteria which we believe
to be predictors of future success:
- Are connected with a Higher Power
- Are connected or reached out to connect with family members
- Are committed to valuing themselves, taking initiatives and goal setting
- Have secured a job and a place to live
- Have a plan for the future, including an established support system
During the years 2002 - 2005, Clare Oasis’ successes included:
- Graduating 40 women and 3 men from our residency program
- Designing 37 retreats
- Facilitating 55 retreats
- Presenting 76 workshops
- Welcoming 38 groups who utilized the Clare Oasis facilities
- Recruiting 120 volunteers
- Designing and implementing Clare Oasis website
- Operating with 3 full-time and 1 part-time volunteer staff
- Meeting our established financial goal of a zero balance....zero debt...